Theory and Practice of interlinguistic professional and amateur subtitling
Dr. Raffaella Panizzon
Friday 26th June at h. 14.00 – 18.00.
– Introduction to audiovisual translation and multimodal text
– Professional subtitling: linguistic and technical characteristics
– Amateur subtitling (fansubbing): fans and TV series translation
– Introduction to the most popular free and professional subtitling software (WinCaps, Aegisub, Subtitle Workshop)
– Subtitling a video: from transcription to translation
– Individual or in- group subtitling practical activities
Participants will have to bring their own PCs.
Module B practical exercises will be completed with Subtitle Workshop that can be downloaded, for free from http://subworkshop.sourgeforce.net/download.php (click on download and choose the installer or portable version)