SCUOLA SUPERIORE PER MEDIATORI LINGUISTICI DI PADOVA
The Scuola Superiore per Mediatori Linguistici di Padova, already known as Scuola per Traduttori e Interpreti, is recognised by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research MIUR (Ministerial Decree 24/09/2003) and grants a three-year degree in TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETING. This degree allows students to progress to a master degree course in Conference Interpreting, Literary Translation and Technical and Scientific Translation. Our university course provides the knowledge interpreters and translators require. It conveys exhaustive skills, even at a sectorial level, for highly qualified linguistic mediators.
The Scuola Superiore per Mediatori Linguistici di Padova is striving to internationalize its study programs, its teaching and administrative staff and its management processes to advance internationalization at home and create an attractive, supportive and productive environment for international students.
Specific added values of the international dimension:
- to increase the exchange opportunities for students by means of expanding the number of inter-institutional agreements signed with institutions located in European countries (above all Spain, Great Britain, Germany, Austria and Russia);
- to promote the student exchange between the two institutions involved with a view to increasing quality (not only quantity);
- to increase the international competencies of the SSML di Padova graduates who, as future professionals, will have the opportunity to better compete at EU and non-EU level;
- to enrich the cultural background of our students through the contact with different languages, cultures, religions, etc.;
- to fight against the rising levels of unemployment, especially among young people;
- to network at international level both with higher education institutions and with private entities;
- to enhance the awareness of the importance of cultural and linguistic diversity and the need to fight against racism, prejudice, discrimination and homophobic attitudes.
- to increase the exchange opportunities for teaching and administrative staff;
- to improve the quality of teaching, increasing the international dimension of study programs;
- to take insight into university system of host country and comparison of curricula; impetus for curriculum development;
- to foster international academic networks;
- to organize conferences and workshops on different topics with international speakers.